Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Special Diet Tips Learned from Slimming Center

At the age of 18, I signed up for my first slimming package with a renounced slimming center. Its advertisement has greatly enticed me to take the first step to manage my weight. The craziest thing was I was bingeing on just tins of butter cookie before I plucked up the courage to go to slimming center. I was eating as if each meal was going to be my last meal. Gals, please dun follow such crazy diet. It does nothing good to your physique.

I cannot afford to pay for those treatments that can show almost instant results. The cheapest package yet not that affordable to me  was opted though I was only a poor undergraduate who have to work part time for my allowance. With my perservance, I did succeed in losing weight. From a heavy 53kg, I shed 10kg off within 3months. Finally I can squeeze into XS clothing instead of my original M to L size clothing. However, I was starving myself like crazy while doing the treatment. My mum was terribly upset as I become unappreciative of her food and my boyfriend’s mum was not pleased with my fragile looking body and was worried that I could not conceive. I was of course ecstatic with this tremendous success in losing weight but I really lost the joy of eating and dining with my family and friends. However, my confidence was still not there.

The main reason I lost weight was a change in my diet from high fat to low fat content. I had to stick to a diet of 40g of fat each day. Certainly no easy feat as there had to be a complete diet change for the 3 meals. Certain popular hawker food like Char Kway Teow has 39g of fat and  laksa has 32g of fat. All these noodle dish has close to 40g of fat which makes up one only one meal of the day. Unless you are happy eating fish or chicken porriage every meal and snack on only low-calorie fruits every day, you will sure succeed in losing weight and fats. In short, you have to thrive on the motto “Eat to live” instead of “Live to eat”.

I have adhered strictly to this diet for almost 10 years till the day I switch jobs from being a teacher to a account executive in an integrated communication and marketing company. Majority of my colleagues and friends are not interested to ask me out for meals because it was stressful for them to see me eat so healthy and fussy. I even attained the nick “rabbit” as my diet is made up of mainly “rabbit food” which are fibred rich and seriously non or low fat products. Sadly, my social circle shrank badly.

Imagine staying with this strict, low fat diet for the rest of your life? Is it really sustainable? When you live in an highly urbanized society whereby lunch appointments, dinner dates, corporate functions and parties are part and puzzle of your hectic lifestyle, it makes it almost impossible to stick to this nomadic diet. One day, you will get bored and I certainly did when I switch to a faster pace job in the private sector.

No comments:

Post a Comment